Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Reading..

Reading was not my cup of tea until came this world of Harry Potter..
The magic of his world enchanted me, left me like :O
Then I realized how much effect can a book have on someone, how much can it soak you in it!!
I wanted to read more, read good, read better..
Started with some short stories like "The story of an hour", "The yellow wallpaper"... and read many. Now what i liked the most was this..Hypertext..
Yes, It amazes me that how can one write in such a manner in such a scribbled but still such an organised way that you can start reading a story from any point you like and end up reading it all, though its tough to get at times, but you still have to use ur brain and focus hard. Its not conventional like starting to end.. it can be srom end to start, middle to somewhere and somewhere to anywhere.. but focus hard and you'll get what's scribbled in!!

The first hypertext I read was "Ferris Wheels" and then came "Subway" and "The university of yellow wallpaper". Starting of novels for me was a bit slow, "The kite runner" is another superb piece of wok i read recently. People keep suggesting me books for reading..
Some of the novels lined up in front are :
1. To kill a mocking bird
2. Lord of the Rings
3. Eragorn
4. Hobbit - a prelude to "Lord of the Rings"

have to read them. Another superbly written as well as translated piece was "Outcast". Four deeply touching stories of four Indian women who were exploited to an unimaginable extent. Do read it if u get it somewhere..

Well My reading history has been completely arbit I started Reading from Harry potter and the Chamber of secrets(2nd one) and then read The Order of the phoenix straightaway..
I liked it so much as to understand the whole story and not wanting to miss even a bit, I read the Complete series from 1 to 7 again. :D ...

Then came the other books, as I thought its not that bad a habit to read, Let's give it a shot. Today I enjoy it a lot..

Currently only this much, will keep on Blogging..

No comments: